Cubic Yard Calculator
Enter your area dimensions and required depth to get an estimate for required cubic yards.
An area 10' long and 35' wide = 350 sq. ft.
If you want to apply 3" of mulch to this area (standard depth) you would divide 350 by 100.
This figures your cubic yardage.
3 ½ yards would be sufficient for your order, although rounding up to full yardage is a general rule of thumb.
Please note that the figures derived this way are more realistic and not mathematical like the calculator above, so figures may vary. Before placing an order, be sure to check with a Tiffany Sales Representative to verify your conversions.
- 3 cu. ft. bags, 9 bags = 1 cubic yard
- 3 cu. ft. bags cover 11 sq. ft. at 3" deep
- 3 cu. ft. bags cover 16.5 sq. ft. at 2" deep
- 2 cu. ft. bags, 13.5 bags = 1 cubic yard
- 2 cu. ft. bags cover 7.4 sq. ft. at 3" deep
- 2 cu. ft. bags cover 11 sq. ft. at 2" deep
- Pine needles baled cover 55 sq. ft. at 2" deep
- Bagged soils = 4 sq. ft. at 2" deep (per 40 lb. bag)
- Bagged stone products = 3 sq. ft. at 2" deep (1/2 cu. ft. bag)
Please call for coverage on our other products such as fertilizers, erosion control products or chemicals!